Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Really Carlos??

Recently Carlos Delgado was on Mike and the Mad Dog for an interview and the discussion of last season was obviously on tap. Mad Dog (I believe) pointed out how it seemed that most of the teams take some extra solace in beating the Mets, and asked the English Language Limited Carlos for his opinion on why. His response? "Everybody wants to beat the best." (Exhale, and then read that again) "Everybody wants to beat the best." Now, I am not sure how things are run in Carlos' world, or the Mets world for that matter, but just so I convince myself I'm not crazy, the Mets did not win the World Series nor did they win their League, nor their division. Now if the Mets could take the things that come their way in stride, I dont think I would have so much hatred for them. But for dumb comments like this, and many fans who feel the same way, they deserve everything they get (or more importantly, dont get)

1 comment:

KYcamp said...

Corey...obviously Carlos was talking as a blue jay..who after all would not only be the best team in the NL but would also represnt the NL in the All-Star game with their roster alone.